- Whole chicken 1
- Yogurt 1 cup
- Ginger, garlic paste 2 tbsp
- Vinegar 4 tbsp
- Black pepper powder ½ tsp
- Cumin powder 1 tsp
- Funnel seeds 1 tsp
- Pomegranate seeds 1 tsp
- Whole red chili 8
- Dry mango powder 1 tsp
- Green cardamom 1 pod
- Salt to taste
- Dry roast whole spices then grind into powder.
- In a small bowl mix all ingredients.
- Apply cuts on chicken and coat masala on chicken nicely. Leave it over night or at least 5 hours in fridge.
- Add ¼ cup water in a skillet, place chicken. Cover and cook on slow heat until chicken tender and water dries.
- Now place chicken in a baking tray, spread remaining masala on it and bake in hot oven for five minutes or place on coal fire.
- Serve delicious Arabic chicken sajji with hot naan or taftan and mint dip.